Wednesday 8 October 2014

Sunday 28th September & Saturday 4th October

Austrees and I were out scouting a location to set a cache. It's one we have been thinking about for a number of months now, and we are getting closer. SO, watch this space.

I've had a TB (Bamboo Seeker) with me for a little while now. So in the general area we were scouting, we found Little Yabba Creek TB Motel. An ideal location to send the TB on its way. This was situated on the banks of Little Yabba Creek in a lovely picnic and camping area. I was surprised there were not more muggles about. A nicely hidden cache, but you don't have to be chooks to find it. This was the first time I had seriously used the 78s. It's a steep learning curve, but I'm getting better with it and liking it more. I wish I could be consistent in finding the screens I'm after.

The Bamboo Seeker is on its way.

The geodog needs exercise (her preference is to be a couch lizard.). A good excuse to go for a walk in the West Cooroy Forest Forest. Austrees and I arrived in the area about 4pm and started looking for Predator. A good walk led us to the 1st waypoint for Predator and because I want to plot the various tracks for the Fire Brigade, we went a different way back. We found a lovely steep descent to a washed out creek (a fire truck wouldn't get through) and a steep ascent. The geodog was flagging by this time and it was approaching dark, so that will be for later.
Driving out, we stopped at Vicki’s Views and found it easily. The views from the cache area are not to Black Mountain. You have to be on the other side of the hill for them.

This was posted on the 8th October. On the weekend, we are looking forward to heading to Kinbombi Falls and Gunalda for some caches, and next week, I'm taking a muggle bushwalking mate to walk up Kenilworth Bluff to find a cache.

No comments:

Post a Comment